Designed and built with care, filled with creative elements

Image Alt

Financial Aid Requirement

Home  /  General Information – Financial Aid Services  /  Financial Aid Requirement

Financial Aid Requirements at NYADI in Jamaica, New York

Tablet And Car

At NYADI The College of Transportation Technology, we are committed to providing quality technical education to all students, regardless of their financial status or need. Based in Jamaica, New York, and serving students in the surrounding areas, NYADI offers financial aid to those who qualify through participation in state and federal aid programs, including grants, loans, and work-study. Eligibility for financial aid is determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Criteria for Financial Aid

To receive financial assistance from any federal student aid program, a student must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program.
  • Certify that aid will be used for education only.
  • Certify that they are not in default on any student loan.
  • Demonstrate financial need.
  • Have a valid Social Security number.
  • Hold a high school diploma or GED/TASC, or pass an equivalent test approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress while enrolled in school.

Additionally, male students must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service.

Applying for State and Federal Aid

Prospective students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA, as well as New York State’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application. Both applications can be completed online, and there is no fee to complete either form. You must complete the FAFSA before completing the NYS aid application.

  • NYADI’s FAFSA school code is 035373.
  • NYADI’s TAP code is 2322.

Before filling out the FAFSA and TAP application, it’s helpful to have the following information handy:

  • Your Social Security number
  • Your driver’s license number, if you have one
  • Your recent tax returns
  • Information on any checking, savings, or investment accounts

If you are a dependent of your parents, you’ll need their Social Security numbers and tax returns as well. If you’re married, you’ll need your spouse’s tax information.

When you apply, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through the following programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal College Work-Study (FCWS)
  • Federal Direct Student Loan Program
  • Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
  • Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
  • Veterans Benefits
  • Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities

Aid received by the college on behalf of a student will first be applied towards the student’s tuition. After the student’s tuition is paid in full, he or she will receive the remaining balance. More detailed information is included in NYADI’s College Catalog.

Contact Us for More Information

Getting a degree or certificate is a long-term investment, so you’ll want to make sure you have all the information you need about funding your technical college education. The financial aid office at NYADI in Jamaica, NY, can answer any questions you have and provide all the forms you need to apply for assistance. To start the financial aid application process, contact us today.