Student Guide to ASE Education Foundation Certification in Jamaica, New York
At NYADI The College of Transportation Technology in Jamaica, New York, students in our degree and certificate programs can graduate with the career-ready skills they need to enter the automotive repair industry. We encourage all graduates to pursue certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence to boost their marketability. NYADI’s academic programs help prepare students for the ASE certification tests that set industry standards for automotive technicians.
About ASE Education Foundation
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is an independent non-profit organization that was founded in 1972. ASE tests and certifies automotive professionals to set a standard for high-quality vehicle repair and service. Learn more about ASE Education Foundation with these frequently asked questions:
Why Does the ASE Education Foundation Exist?
The ASE Education Foundation exists to protect each partner in a customer service relationship:
- The consumer: When a customer sees the ASE blue seal of excellence, they know they’re choosing a reliable, experienced auto body shop.
- The shop owner: Certification helps shop owners to gauge a technician’s level of expertise.
- The automotive technician: With ASE certification, the automotive professional can provide tangible proof of their technical knowledge.
ASE Certification testing provides confidence and peace of mind for everyone involved.
How Does ASE Certification Work?
To qualify for ASE Certification, automotive technicians must:
- Complete two years of on-the-job training, or one year of on-the-job training and a two-year degree in automotive repair
- Pass the ASE Education Foundation Certification exam
To maintain their ASE Certification, automotive technicians must retest every five years.
Who Writes the ASE Education Foundation Certification Tests?
ASE Certification tests are created by a national panel of experienced industry professionals and executives, which includes:
- Automobile manufacturers
- Aftermarket manufacturers
- Working technicians
There are dozens of ASE tests available, organized by industry specialties so that professionals can complete the certifications that best fit their area of expertise. The tests are challenging, and not every test-taker passes on their first attempt.
The First Step: ASE Education Foundation Student Certification
Earning an ASE Education Foundation Student Certification is the first step in building a career as a service professional in the automotive industry. This entry-level certification program is specially designed to evaluate students who are completing studies in:
- Automobile service
- Collision repair & refinishing
- Medium/heavy truck service
Students can earn this certification by passing one or more ASE tests; there is no work experience requirement. The ASE Education Foundation Student Certification is valid for two years and cannot be renewed.
Additional information about ASE Certification
Students wishing to learn more about the ASE Education Foundation Student Certification program can contact NYADI’s Director of Student Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 917-720-4847 ext. 4031, or via webform. Additional information is also available on the ASE Education Foundation website:
- About the Foundation
- ASE Education Foundation Student Certification
- ASE Education Foundation Certification Test Registration
- ASE Education Foundation Study Guide
- Find An ASE Education Foundation Test Center
- Official ASE Education Foundation Practice Tests
- Test Taking Tips from ASE
Contact NYADI Today for More Information
At NYADI, we take pride in helping prepare students for ASE certification by providing the most up-to-date, hands-on degree and certificate programs. With small class sizes, robust career services, and full-time and part-time options, NYADI is poised to help each student excel. To learn more about our programs, contact us today.