Senior Financial Aid Advisor
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Senior Financial Aid Advisor will join a mission-focused, service-oriented team as a member of the financial aid office, and will provide essential financial aid services to all new and continuing students and other constituents of the college. Measure and coordinate weekly team performance and adjusts as needed. The Senior Financial Aid Advisor will work closely with the Director to accomplish required FA tasks, and implement financial aid policies, procedures, and new initiatives, to support the missions, goals and objectives of the office and the College.
Senior Financial Aid Advisor. (Full Time)
- Serves as one of the first points of contact for the Financial Aid Office.
- Answers student inquiries in person, by mall, or by phone.
- Advises students and their families on all aspects of financial aid including financial aid applications procedures, processes, eligibility, appeals, cost of attendance, and resources.
- Provides timely, effective service to students, families, and other constituencies on financial aid matters.
Provides loan counseling to graduated and dropped students.
- Utilizes the Financial Aid Management system, Campus Café to package students as needed.
- Reviews all documents received by the Financial Aid Office for accuracy and completeness for students E-file and Campus Café document uploads.
- Sends notifications concerning incomplete applications and requests for required documentation. Assists in managing the mass communication of missing documents to students from Campus Cafe.
- Follows up with students/families regarding missing or insufficient information.
Performs verification procedures and evaluate mitigating circumstance documentation provided by the student for PJ as needed.
- Assists with awarding & returning financial aid funds.
- Research and resolve procedural problems related to financial aid awarding, work collaboratively with all constituencies.
Assists the Director with projects and special assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Title IV programs and federal and state regulations laws/regulations and policies relating to financial aid.
- Must be knowledgeable in the areas of Default Management, R2T4s, NSLDS Enrollment Updates and NYS TAP Certifications.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Working knowledge of Internet research.
- Must be able to initiate, anticipate, and respond to a variety of issues and situations in a calm, friendly, professional manner. Having a sense of humor is essential.
- Possess a positive, others-oriented attitude and an ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team environment with others and exercise sensitivity to matters of confidentiality.
- Punctuality and excellent time management skills to ensure that multiple, competing priorities and tasks will be handled and accomplished in a timely and accurate fashion. Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Spanish language skill is a plus.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer, and may require additional hours during peak times. Desk bound work. Keyboarding, talking, hearing, repetitive motions. Use of general office equipment in an office setting.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 to 3 years of financial aid experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Proven ability to interact positively and provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers is required
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word & Excel is required
Computer literate with accurate skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written, and organizational skills
Reports To: Director, Financial Aid
Work Location: NYADI Campus, Jamaica, NY
Please click on the apply now button below or send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org